LJWB PESACH PROVISIONS
Why is this night different from all other nights?
The Mcques are offering a ‘seder in a box’ (£20) for those who are on their own this Pesach and do not have access to a cooked meal. The fresh Kosher for Pesach three course chicken meal will be delivered to your home on the morning of Wednesday 8 April. Subsidies are available via our Helpline on 078912 753575 or 07812 753676.
We will also be delivering Kosher for Pesach frozen meals on Wednesday 8 April so please make sure you order enough to see you through to the next frozen meal delivery on Tuesday 14 April.
To order please call 0113 2185833 to place orders between 9am and 11am. Orders for the ‘seder in a box’ meals must be in by Thursday 2nd April. Food must be paid for on ordering, over the phone by card, please have your card handy.
Information correct as of 30 March.
LJWB FOOD PROVISION
LJWB is working extremely hard with the McQues to continue providing food to those who need it most during these difficult times – the following provision has been put in place:
There will be a hot meal drop off service Monday-Friday between 11am and 12pm – orders must be put in by 11am the same day.
There will be a frozen meal delivery service Wednesdays and Fridays between 11am and 12pm with a minimum order of 3 meals.
Friday night dinners can be ordered for drop off on a Friday but for only for those who really need it – orders must be given by midday Thursday.
Please note that we must prioritise those members of our community who do not have access to any other means of support, so please use this service responsibly.
Please call 0113 2185833 to place orders between 9am and 11am. Food must be paid for on ordering, over the phone by card, please have your card handy.
Information correct as of 24 March.
We are extremely grateful to everyone who donates stock to our charity shop, which is used to raise vital funds for our services. Due to the current situation, we are unable to accept any donations but we would really appreciate it if you would keep your donations to one side at home and we will let you know as soon as we’re able to receive donations again. Thank you all so much.
IMPORTANT NOTICE (23.3.2020)
Leeds Jewish Welfare Board is working round the clock to adapt our services to the Community through these uncertain times. We have set up an LJWB Covid 19 Helpline for anyone who needs practical or emotional support. If you need our support or know of someone who does, please call us on the numbers below:
Please call us on 07812 753575 or 07812 753676
Mon-Thurs 8am-6pm, Fri 8am-2pm, Sun 10am-2pm
We are aware that many people in the community do not have access to social media so we ask that you pass this on to any people you know.
Whilst we cannot offer expert medical advice on coronavirus we can support with your concerns and anxieties and direct you to appropriate services. Our services remain open and where people are currently getting support this will continue, albeit in a different way. Our staff and volunteers will be happy to call you everyday to offer telephone support and we are ramping up our volunteer pool to support those most in need with shopping and urgent deliveries.
In order to look after the wellbeing of the Community whilst you are at home we are launching a ‘virtual programme’ including a series of online exercise, creative and wellbeing videos for adults and families. If you have an older relative, please help them to access our website www.ljwb.co.uk and FB page LjwbLeeds so we can support them whilst they are at home.
Update (4pm 23.3.2020)
LJWB has taken the sad decision to close our charity shop on Moortown Parade, for the foreseeable future, due to the coronavirus outbreak.
We thank all of our loyal donors and customers and hope to see you all again very soon.
News Update 17.3.2020
At LJWB we know the current situation is very challenging. Here at LJWB we are working hard to ensure that we can continue to support our community during these unprecedented times. To ensure that we all stay safe we are having to make adaptations to the way we provide our services and be compliant with national guidance. From today we are therefore: –
- Ceasing to run our usual classes until further notice to minimise the risk of virus transmissions.
- The MAZCC will remain open for those who need access to support their wellbeing – and they are virus free to attend. If this is not possible, we will be continuing to telephone and keep in touch with our clients.
- The café and ‘Lunch for Less’ will remain open for the members of our community who need a hot meal and are not required to self-isolate. We recognise that this might change soon, but please be assured that we are putting plans in place to get hot and frozen kosher meals to all vulnerable people in our community.
We believe that as a community we are stronger together and we all have part to play and want you to know that you are not on your own. If you are anxious, or you know somebody who has no family of their own in Leeds, or is isolated, and needs our help, please call us on 0113 2684211 during office hours and we can arrange for support to be provided.
Please visit our website or call the above number for updates as the situation changes over the next few days.
Leeds Jewish Welfare Board is working closely with other Jewish organisations and our partners to ensure that we can continue to provide our services in a safe manner.
LJWB are committed to being available to our community – as we have been for the past 140 + years. We are closely monitoring the UK Government’s advice regarding the current COVID-19 (Coronavirus) outbreak and working collaboratively to ensure that we take all necessary steps to continue our services and follow NHS guidance on proactively taking action in minimising the risk of the virus spreading.
Based on the current Government guidance, LJWB and the MAZCC remains open as usual and we will continue to work as hard as we can to ensure the safety of everyone who comes through our doors. We need YOUR help to do this: –
1. When you visit the MAZCC you will be asked to wash your hands or use hand sanitizer upon entering the building and again upon leaving the building. You will see additional signage in all of LJWB properties about handwashing and up to date information received from the Government and Public Health England: https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/public-health-england
2. You might notice a small change in the layout of the oasis café and restaurant. We remain open but are promoting social distancing which means that the tables will be laid out differently.
3. If you are provided a service by our community services team before they visit you in person, they will call you to ascertain your permission prior to visiting you in your own home. If you prefer, we can conduct your appointment over the telephone.
4. All our registered care services are operating as usual; we are taking additional precautions to minimise any spread of infection. Separate communication has been sent to Moorcare clients and residents and families in our residential services.
Before visiting any LJWB properties: –
1. If you have a high temperature (above 37.8c) or a new continuous cough we ask you to not visit in person any LJWB properties – these include the MAZCC, LJWB shop and also our three houses for adults with learning disabilities. You can find our further information by visiting https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/.
2. We ask that if you have been in direct contact with someone with a confirmed coronavirus diagnosis, that you do not visit LJWB premises for at least 14 days. If you have recently returned from one of the affected countries, please do not visit LJWB (even if you are not displaying coronavirus symptoms) for at least 14 days. These countries are currently listed as mainland China, Hong Kong, Macao, Cambodia, Iran, Italy, Japan, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, Singapore, South Korea, Taiwan, Thailand and Vietnam. The list is subject to updates, which you can find by visiting:
Where to get help and advice: –
Please visit our website at https://ljwb.co.uk/ for up to date information on LJWB services.