Support & Informaion
If you think you need non-medical emotianl or practical support at this time please call us on:
07812 753575 or 07812 7536756
8 – 5pm Monday to Thursday and 8 – 2pm on Friday
Our online alternative to our daily activities at the MAZCC.
Content for all ages and abilities, we hope you find something that is of interest to you!
Please click HERE for opening times.
Note these may be subject to change, for the most accurate information we would advise you to click on the following individual supermarket links:
Please click on the link below to find out information for your GP Practice and local pharmacy.
Pharmacies in Leeds:
GP practices in Leeds:
Public Health England have published some helpful guidelines on looking after your mental health and wellbeing during these challenging times please click here: PHE guidelines around Mental Health and Wellbeing.
MENCAP have produced some easy to read guidelines:
Supporting people experiencing domestic abuse
If home isn’t a safe space for you, support is available from LJWB and across the City.
- Anyone experiencing domestic abuse can access support from Leeds Domestic Violence Service (LDVS): https://ldvs.uk/.
- People who need to leave home to stay safe will still be supported to do so by LDVS or Leeds Housing Options. LDVS continues to support existing clients and their families in the community.
- There’ll be a safe place for you to stay with social distancing measures in place to protect you.
- Support is available via the LDVS helpline: 0113 246 0401. If calling is unsafe, a web-chat service is now being offered from Monday-Friday between 1pm-3pm via https://leedswomensaid.co.uk/. If you’re in immediate danger, call 999 (press 55 after the emergency number if you’re in danger and unable to speak).
- For more information and resources, see: https://www.leeds.gov.uk/domesticviolence/Pages/default.aspx
- Government guidance is available on Domestic Abuse and Domestic Abuse Safe Accommodation Provision.
Children who don’t feel safe at home can call ChildLine on 0800 1111 or NSPCC on 0800 800 5000. For professionals, the Leeds Safeguarding Children Partnership has lots of information and guidance on safeguarding issues: https://www.leedsscp.org.uk/COVID19
Here at Leeds Jewish Welfare Board we have support workers who are trained to help you access specialist services across the city. We can also offer you emotional support during this extremely difficult time.
If you wish to speak to someone in confidence
please contact our Helpline on 07812 753575 or 07812 753676
8am – 2pm Mon-Thurs, 8am-2pm Fri, 10am-2pm Sun
07812 753676 or 07812 753575